2.0 Transparency/Notice–What Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third Party-sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Edendale Distributors Ltd and the requirements of applicable law. We endeavour to collect information only relevant for the purposes of marketing purposes under explicit consent received. Below are the legal bases and some of the ways we collect information and how we use it.
Edendale Distributors Ltd collects Personal Information regarding its current, prospective and former clients, customers, visitors and guests (collectively “Individuals”) with the latter’s’ explicit consent.
2.2 Information Edendale Distributors Ltd Collects
The data we collect from or about current, prospective and former Employees, customers, visitors and guests (collectively “Individuals”) includes information that may be deemed Personal Information, such as title, name, address, phone number, email address, user name, Internet Protocol address, and credit card and other financial information related to payments for services or goods. We may also collect other information that is not Personal Information, such as demographic information you choose to provide (e.g., your business or company information, professional experiences, educational background, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, interests, preferences and favourites) , car makes , tyre models and answers to a security question and password.
2.3 How Edendale Distributors Ltd Collects Personal Information
Some of the ways that Edendale Distributors Ltd may collect your Personal Information include:
- Edendale Distributors Ltd may collect Personal Information from you through various channels, including the Website, Facebook pages, Instagram pages, in surveys, during business or marketing events, and when delivering programs and services to you with your explicit consent.
- When you use the Website, Edendale Distributors Ltd may provide you with opportunities to sign up to receive specific information or services and may ask for your contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address or personal email address), so that we can send you specific information about our products, services and specific health conditions, with your explicit consent.
- As you navigate the Website, certain passive information may also be collected, including Internet Protocol addresses, cookies, navigational data, the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the browser software you use and your operating system, the date and time you access our Website, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website. This type of information is used for the purposes of gathering data to provide improved administration of our Website, and to improve the quality of your experience when interacting with our Websites.
2.4 Information from Third-Party Sources
We may collect information about you from third-party sources to supplement information provided by you. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you information about our business, products and services.
2.5 Research/Survey Solicitations
From time to time, Edendale Distributors Ltd may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third Party-service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Websites, various types of communications, advertising campaigns and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants as aggregated data thereby data anonymization. We may share anonymous individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
2.6 How Edendale Distributors Ltd Uses Your Personal Information
Depending on how you interact with Edendale Distributors Ltd, we and our Third Party-service providers may also use Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Providing Information and Services You Requested. Edendale Distributors Ltd may use the Personal Information about you to provide you information that you may request, e.g. information about a product or program we are offering. Edendale Distributors Ltd may also use your Personal Information to deliver a specific program or service to you, when you voluntarily enrol to receive the program or service. Such use may include: (a) generally managing your information and accounts; (b) responding to questions, comments and requests; (c) providing access to certain areas and features of the Edendale Website; and (d) permitting you to register for events or news info.
- Information about Products and Services. Edendale Distributors Ltd may use the Personal Information about you given under your explicit consent to provide you with materials about offers, products and services offered by us, including new content or services on Edendale Distributors Ltd Website. Edendale Distributors Ltd may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, push notification, newsletter or email, as permitted by applicable law. If you do not wish us to use your Personal Information for such purposes, you may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for such purposes, as further described below.
- Research and Development. Edendale Distributors Ltd may use your Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and services or develop new products, processes and services.
- Information Submitted Via Websites. Edendale Distributors Ltd will request your explicit consent for the use of the content of any communications or other information submitted by you via the Website, including any narratives, images, ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or services. In addition, Edendale Distributors Ltd does not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a site will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. Edendale Distributors Ltd.’s Website may offer various tools and functionality. For example, Edendale Distributors Ltd may provide functionality on its Website that will allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by Edendale Distributors Ltd or any other Third Parties for any other purpose.
- Pseudonymous Data. Including as discussed below in Section 2.12, Edendale Distributors Ltd may use and share your anonymized or aggregated information within the Edendale Distributors Ltd affiliates or with Third Parties for, research, analytics and any other legally permissible purposes.
2.7 Human Resources Data
Edendale Distributors Ltd collects Personal Information from current, prospective and former Employees, their contact points in case of a medical emergency, and beneficiaries under any insurance policy (“Human Resources Data”). The Human Resources Data we collect may include title, name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, passport number, driver’s license number, ID Card Number or other government-issued identification number, financial information related to credit checks, bank details for payroll, information that may be recorded on a CV or application form, language abilities, contact information of third parties in case of an emergency and beneficiaries under any insurance policy. We may also collect Sensitive Human Resources Data such as details of health and disability, including mental health, medical leave, and maternity leave.
We acquire, hold, use and Process Human Resources-related Personal Information for a variety of business purposes including:
- workflow management, assigning, managing and administering projects;
- Human Resources administration and communication;
- payroll and the provision of benefits;
- compensation, including bonuses and long-term incentive administration, stock plan administration, compensation analysis, including monitoring overtime and compliance with labour laws, and company recognition programs;
- job grading activities;
- performance and employee development management;
- organizational development and succession planning;
- benefits and personnel administration;
- absence management;
- helpdesk and IT support services;
- regulatory compliance;
- internal and/or external or governmental compliance investigations;
- internal or external audits;
- litigation evaluation, prosecution and defence;
- diversity and inclusion initiatives;
- restructuring and relocation;
- emergency contacts and services;
- Employee safety;
- compliance with statutory requirements;
- Processing of Employee expenses and travel charges; and
- Acquisitions, divestitures and integrations.
2.8 Social Media
Generally, online social media resources are interactive tools that enable Data Subjects to collaborate and share information with others. Social media resources include, but are not limited to, social networks, discussion boards, bulletin boards, and blogs and referral functions to share web site content and tools with a friend or colleague. As stipulated in section 2.5, Edendale Distributors Ltd via its brands’ online platforms as well as website may use online games as well as surveys to collect user information under explicit consent. In case, identifiable information are to be used, your consent will be requested for such specific purpose.
Edendale Distributors Ltd may collect Personal Information to enable Data Subjects to use online social media resources offered either by Edendale Distributors or a Third Party. We may also enable you to use these social media resources to post or share Personal Information with others. When using social media resources, you should take into careful consideration what Personal Information you share with others.
2.9 Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing
Individuals who provide us with Personal Information under their explicit consent may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings or phone calls from us with information on Edendale Distributors Ltd or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the individual by following the instructions in Section 3 below.
2.10 Cookies, Pixel Tags/Web Beacons, Analytics Information, and Interest-Based Advertising
Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
2.10.2 Pixel Tags/Web Beacons
A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
2.10.3 Social Media Widgets
2.10.4 Analytics Information
We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behaviour and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
2.11 Mobile Devices
Edendale Distributors Ltd may provide websites and online resources that are specifically designed to be compatible and used on mobile devices. Edendale Distributors will collect certain information that your mobile device sends when you use such websites or online resources, like a device identifier, user settings and the operating system of your device.
2.12 Anonymous and Aggregated Information
Edendale Distributors Ltd may use your Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access the Edendale Distributors Ltd Website or other online services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Websites. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Edendale Distributors Ltd may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Edendale Distributors Ltd and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
Where you have consented to Edendale Distributors Ltd’s processing of your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt out by following the instructions in this Section 3. Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt out.
Prior to disclosing Sensitive Data to a Third Party or Processing Sensitive Data for a purpose other than its original purpose or the purpose authorized subsequently by the Data Subject, Edendale Distributors Ltd will endeavour to obtain each Data Subject’s explicit consent (opt-in). Where consent of the Data Subject for the Processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, Edendale Distributors Ltd will comply with the law or contract.
3.2 Email , Newsletter , Push Notifications, SMS and Telephone Communications
3.3 Human Resources Data
With regard to Personal Information that Edendale Distributors Ltd receives in connection with the employment relationship, Edendale Distributors Ltd will use such Personal Information only for employment-related purposes as more fully described in section 2.3 above. If Edendale Distributors Ltd intends to use this Personal Information for any other purpose, the Company will provide the Data Subject with an opportunity to opt-out of such uses.
3.4 “Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Edendale Group does not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals. For information about “do-not-track”, visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org.
3.5 Advertising Choices
You can opt out of the collection and use of your information for interest-based advertising by going to http://optout.aboutads.info, http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ to limit collection through the Website or by configuring the settings on your mobile device to limit ad tracking through the mobile applications.
Even if you opt-out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Websites and/or information from the advertisements on Third-Party websites for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
4.1 Information We Share
4.1.1 Service Providers
Edendale Distributors Ltd may share Personal Information with our service providers that we have retained to perform services on our behalf including (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; and (iv) customer service activities. Payment information will be used and shared only to effectuate your order and may be stored by a service provider for purposes of future orders.
Edendale Distributors Ltd has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing your personal information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
4.1.2 Business Partners
Edendale Distributors Ltd may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with Edendale Distributors Ltd. Edendale Distributors Ltd requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was provided.
4.1.3 Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
We may disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law, court order or legal process; (ii) in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (iii) under the discovery process in litigation; (iv) to enforce Edendale Distribution policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Edendale Distributors Ltd; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Websites. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
4.1.4 Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions
4.2 Data Transfers
All Personal Information sent or collected via or by Edendale Distributors Ltd may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, in the United States, in the cloud, our servers, the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to Edendale Distributors Ltd, you consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
The security of all Personal Information provided to Edendale Distributors Ltd is important to us, and Edendale Distributors Ltd takes reasonable steps designed to protect your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Edendale Distributors Ltd strives to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Edendale Distributors Ltd, and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your own passwords. If you have reason to believe that your passwords or Personal Information is no longer secure, please promptly notify us at email@example.com
Edendale Distributors Ltd will address your concerns and attempt to resolve any privacy issues in a timely manner.
Information Regarding Children
Due to the nature of Edendale Distributors’ businesses, some services and benefits are specifically designed to persons less than 16 years of age. (Collectively “minors”).
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important and for that reason, Edendale Distributors Ltd seeks the consent from the child’s parent or legal guardian as stipulated by the Data Protection Act 2017 prior collection and processing of their children’s data whilst making every reasonable effort to verify that consent has been given or authorised, taking into account available technology.
The following are some resources that may help parents and legal guardians in monitoring and limiting their children’s’ access to certain types of material on the internet. While Edendale Distributors Ltd does not endorse these products, we are providing information about them as a public service to our community.
- “OnGuard Online,” maintained by the Federal Trade Commission.
- The Child Safety Network