Wondering how to become a tyre expert? You landed on the right blog. Here you will have some useful tips to take care of your tyres and how to spot wear and tear which occur during the its life cycle.
Be a Tyre Expert
Tyre is known to lose constant air pressure over certain amount of time. So you need to verify at least each two weeks that you have the appropriate amount of air pressure as suggested by the car manufacturer or simply meet one of our experts at Bridgestone Service Centre at Phoenix or Port Louis to get some tips.
To check your tyre pressure, you simply have to:
- Purchase a trusted tyre pressure gauge in one of our Service Centres
- Check your tyres ‘cold’- at least three hours after you have driven
- Insert your tyre pressure gauge into the valve stem of your tyre and get the reading. Don’t be afraid of the air escaping from the valve as little air will not have direct impact on the tyre pressure.
- Compared the reading of the psi with the psi indicated on the sticker inside the driver’s door or in the owner’s manual.
- If the psi is above of the recommended level, simply let air out till it matches the figures indicated in the owner’s manual.
- Make tyre rotation every 8,000 to 10,000 kms to ensure greater lifespan and mileage.
Taking good care of your tyres’ pressure, preventing tread wear and having a good driving habit will help in increasing their longevity.
Tyres are commonly filled with compressed air which bears some disadvantages regarding tyre pressure, oxidisation of your rim and burst of your tyre. On the other hand, due to the composition of Nitrogen, filling tires with nitrogen offers various advantages as it keeps tyre pressure for a longer period of time compared to compressed air. As the particles are bigger than compressed air, less air escape from the tyre and reduces the possible sources of leaks.
Bridgestone tyres are designed to offer the best performance with the right amount of tyre pressure. Regular check and refill with both nitrogen and compressed air limit irregular wear on the treads and emphasis is placed on the safety and security of every car owner.
Now you get useful tips for to have efficient tyres you can make long journey with peace of mind. Head to Bridgestone Service Centres or call us on 697 2020 to know more about Bridgestone tyres.